So if you hired a contractor and had the following problems what would you do?
- supplies have cost 50% more than what you budgeted because the list they gave you was not all inclusive.
- 6 out of the 7 day they were here you had to run for miscellaneous items because they forgot to tell you what they needed. (keeping in mind Lowe's is 25 miles away!)
- they left out your fathers tools in the rain
- they 'bought' one case of pop off of you (took 3 reminders to pay you) and then the next day just assumed it would be ok and took another case off your garage shelves and put it in the freezer without telling you (and you thankfully found the extra cans before they froze and burst).
- they smoked in your garage without asking if it would be ok hence making the downstairs 'smelly' as my daughter puts it.
The list could go on.....
You'd be pretty upset huh. You'd be frustrated. You'd be 'over' it.
Now what would you say if I told you it was Amish we had contracted with. Would that change your mind about the above items?
It seems that is the case. But to me it's a job just like any other and if we contracted with a regular business we would just be as upset with the above issues. This past week and half has been hard. Very very hard. This pregnant body can not keep up. I absolutely can not give a big enough shout-out to my dad and father-in-law for the help they have been. Thankfully I have not had to do any of the running or being in the car with the smoke. But the money situation has really been eating at me and causing me lots of stress.
Yes I am totally 'over' them right now.