Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My good thoughts post

My last couple posts have sorta been downers since they all relate to our construction project.

Today I decided that I was not going that route - I wanted to be positive :) So here are the things I'm super thankful for.

Being a stay-at-home mom has been much harder than I thought - I am trying to remind myself that I also have this large project going on but still... some days are rough...... but..... I am so thankful for this opportunity.  There is nothing better than being with my kiddos every day and helping to raise and train them for the Lord! Yes it's stressful but the rewards are going to be wonderful.

Our garden ended up being an epic fail this year - I tried many new plants and it started out so well and I had such high hopes, but the last couple storms we had broke most of our tomato plants, the lettuce is out of control, the onions have all disappeared, the peas broke off at the top, etc etc.....but.... our zucchini plants have been amazing and I am learning to make so many different things that I would have never tried to make before.  And my hubby is actually eating these items. ha! It's been such a blessing to have this abundance of this particular vegetable.

Thank you to all who commented on my last post about our Amish friends. :) The addition project is about a month behind schedule and already way over budget..... but.... we got the floor joists ordered today, the guy is coming tomorrow to measure for our exterior and interior walls, and we have been so blessed with family who are willing to give up most of their days to help us out. The love has been amazing.

So I am excited about the changes that have been going on and trying to keep my chin up and head above water.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment